Five-Senses Gratitude Ritual
Studies link having a gratitude practice to actually reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression and increasing happiness, and it's no wonder why. When we stop and "smell the roses," if you will, we remember all we have - materially and spiritually - all we've been through, all of the people and resources in our lives ready to serve us, and what's possible. This alone can make our obstacles seem infinitely more surmountable.
Keep scrolling for a Gratitude Spell that will bring magic into your life through 7 basic full-sensory steps!
Five-Senses Gratitude Ritual to Embrace Greatness
- At the end of the day, while you are laying in bed start to take inventory of everything you are grateful for from your day. Take a deep breath and bring your attention to your senses.
- Eyes: "I am grateful that today I was able to see that beautiful ocean when I went to the beach.” (insert yours)
- Mouth: “I am grateful that today I was able to taste the sweet saltiness of that caramel corn that I had while at the beach.” (insert yours)
- Smell: “I am grateful that today I was able to smell the saltwater radiating off of the sea while I was at the beach.” (insert yours)
- Hear: “I am grateful that today I was able to hear the sound of the pelicans singing.” (insert yours)
- Touch: “I am grateful that today I was able to feel the sand in between my toes and the sun on my skin.” (insert yours)
- Repeat in one sitting as often as you'd like to focus on all of the experiences you're grateful for. As you focus on each sense, bring attention to that specific area of the body and feel what it actually "feels" like. Allow yourself to more fully embody the experience. The more you “feel” with your gratitude, the more powerful and transformative it becomes.
- Repeat the process daily as you go to bed each evening.